Saturday, August 28, 2010

FROM HIM TO ME

YOUR MOTHER FOUND A BOX IN YOUR OLD ROOM
WITH MY NAME ON IT.
INSIDE- 
BITS AND PIECES OF OUR LIFE TOGETHER.
OUR LOVE,
OUR JOY,
AND A POEM YOU WROTE THAT YOU NEVER GAVE ME...

"we embrace
like the first two pieces of 
a jigsaw puzzle
whose arms and legs it seem 
reach into one another
and interlock so
that there is not even the tiniest breath of space
that would make you doubt it was me
and not one of the other 498
who compliment you so
and make sense of your shapes and colors"


DO YOU SEE?
 NOW, MY WORLD IS SENSELESS.

3 comments:

Dulçe ♥ said...

Great blogs you have...
This one post just gorgeous... Senseless- I don't know...

As you have been my follower #300 I'd like to 'give' my last poem to you, and a dedication- my way to say thank you!

D.

steveroni said...

The two posts before this one I commented...so read them if you have time.

Love is many blessings at once. And with its rapturous times comes also the hard parts--love's TEACHINGS! It seems now you are the student.

Please to learn not only this lesson of loss, of unexcelled HURT and pain. There is no more horrible teacher than LOVE.

Nor is there a teacher more giving
of truth, happiness, experience, and ultimate peace. the future is YOURS. The past is NOT. (Unless you stay "attached" to it.

Sorry I sound like a counselor, which I am NOT. Only that i wish you PEACE.
Steve

Anon. said...

Wow, this is so beautiful.
Sometimes love feels like that. But, I think people take part in more than one puzzle in their lifetime. There is more than one piece that fits so perfectly with yours. Atleast, I hope so.

xo
wroteitforme.blogspot.com